All the Pukas x Eye Symmetry surfboards are built on a traditional polyurethane core with a complete epoxy laminate and finish (known as PE construction).
“We are thinking more long term by creating a more durable product”, says Max.
The epoxy resin is known to be a higher quality material than polyester. Is more UV resistant, stronger and has more reactive flex pattern. The result is a whiter and brighter surfboard that doesn’t yellow as quickly as a traditional polyester construction (aesthetics) which responds faster to your movements (performance).
“The carbon stripes are quite a visual thing that I love” says Max. “We are honoring a traditional surfboard building process but we are adding some minor reinforcement and visuals. It’s basically a bit more love put into the construction of the board to make it last longer for the surfer”.
Pukas Surfboards available with INN·CA construction.
Innegra fiber compliments other composite fibers lending itself to a variety of applications in a multiple of markets. Automotive, luggage, protective products, radomes, ballistics, and aerospace, to name a few, can benefit from the tough, lightweight, energy absorbing, and hydrophobic properties of this fiber.
Innegra material is used in many different sport and marine applications. Innegra fiber can enhance the impact resistance and damage tolerance while reducing weight and vibration.
Our carbon fiber has several advantages including high stiffness, high tensile strength, low weight, high chemical resistance, high temperature tolerance allow thermal expansion. These properties have made carbon fiber very popular in aerospace, civil engineering, military, motorsports and watersports. They are more expensive with similar fibers such as fiber glass or plastic fibers.
1. Ultra light, fused cell, EPS blanks provide the core for our unique construction. They are shaped and then “wrapped” in an exoskeleton of strategically positioned, carbon fiber bands.
2. Aligned together at the nose, our exclusive carbon fiber bands run the length of the board, curving outward towards the rails, creating and controlling our unique longitudinal and torsional flex pattern.
3. The carbon bands “wrap” around the rails and onto the deck. It’s this unique method that creates our lively flex that loads and releases…resulting in speed and drive.
4. The carbon that runs to the tail acts as a power point (for drive and control) under the rear foot and also as a tail patch to minimize pressure denting.
5. Using optically brightened EPOXY resin, the boards are then laminated with a proprietary composite of fiberglass and carbon fiber.
6. 45degree “X-Glass” ™ adds impact and longitudinal strength, with minimal weight and encourages flex. This radiates foot pressure outward to a longer section of the rail, adding greater edge control./p>
7. “Web-fused” carbon deck reinforcement: Adds strength and drive, smoothly tapers flex and prevents the deck from caving rail to rail.
8. CARBON WRAP increases drive and provides and unique and lightning fast re-flex effect, propelling your surfing into the #nextlevel of performance.